Monday, May 11, 2009

Finishing touches

We're getting close to completion now. Just a few things left. My dad got the fans installed, and we got all the posts and beams painted. Chris and Ryan finished up their final task: installing the railing.

A few weeks ago, I had to decide on the railing we should use. It took me several days to find a railing I was happy with. Since the rest of the deck is essentially maintenance free, I wanted the railing maintenance free as well (so, no cedar). But, most iron or aluminum railing didn't have a flat top cap where you can sit your drinks, and I didn't really like the look of composite railing. I finally found an aluminum railing with a flat top cap. And, it's made by Hansen Architectural right here in Hillsboro. It's a great looking rail in matte black. And, it's very sturdy.

No comments:

Post a Comment